Sunday, March 18, 2007

Daylight Savings Week

I really can’t seem to catch up on that one lost hour of sleep last week. I wake up tired, nap with the baby and end up staying up far too late. And the pattern repeats itself. All week long. Maybe it is the rapid change in temperatures this week, or the fact that it is mid-semester, or it may be that I’m inhaling too much wood dust. At any rate, this Mama is fatigued! Spring break is next week and even though I’ve got to learn the Sanskrit names for 30 yoga asanas, I’m still looking forward to a few under-scheduled days. And to do a little reading for myself.


On the bookshelf right now, calling me, is "The Omnivore’s Dilemma, A Natural History of Four Meals" by Michael Pollan and "The Family Bed" by Tine Thevenin. I just read "Alternadad" by Neal Pollack, and enjoyed yucking it up with him and at him as he writes about taking on the learning curve of new parenthood while attempting to keep his "cool." I am in the middle of "Birth -The Surprising History of How We Are Born" by Tina Cassidy, which is a gory but clear eyed look at the history of birth, midwives and the evolution of the pelvis. What a great way to spend the last few weeks of hibernation.


So, apparently it is nearly time to say goodbye to the melting burgs of winter snow, the ice-cold mornings of unburying and scraping down my car and the indoor adaptation habits. I welcome more light (and vitamin D - the sunshine vitamin!) and all the wonderful things that come with warmer weather, but hope my body can catch up with the clock by then. Spring... make it so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should stop inhaling the wood dust and start inhaling my favorite sanskrit ANANDA, its been far too long! I think we may be saying goodbye to the last melting burgs for quite awhile, just ask our neighbors in Alaska. Enjoy, the ride, may you live in exciting times!