Thursday, October 18, 2007

SAD

Now I remember why I get so anxious around this time of year. It is called Seasonal Affective Disorder... yes there is a disorder for everything! Now that the PMS is under control thx to the IUD, the lack of sun and the turning of the leaves and the whispering of the wind is making my brain s l o w d o w n. I often have this feeling of being trapped, the sky a gray dome pressing down on me. It is harder to wake up now and my naps with the Pet are more frequent. There is this underlying stress, anxiety and fatigue that makes almost everything harder. So today, I give myself a break and stop fighting it. I know the light box is in the attic when I need it. And for me, melancholy is just a routine part of the changing of the seasons.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

the almighty censor has spoken. it is monpon's world and we just blog in it.

Monpon said...

it's always the anonymous commentors who think they are so wise..... wisecracks more like.

Anonymous said...

I like wisecracker, thanks....