Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Arsenic, Cadmium and Mercury Oh My!

Parenting has really entered a new age. If you haven't checked out healthytoys.org you should before you wrap up those Christmas presents if you want to know what their Lead, Arsenic, Cadmium, Mercury and Chlorine contents are. Yikes! Playskool Mr. Potato Head - medium levels, Playskool Tinker Toys - medium levels, Fisher-Price Doctor's kit - HIGH levels, Nuk pacifiers (orthodontic) Med and just a tincture of Tin! Even those Gerber soft tipped baby spoons are full of lead and we loved ours. We are now supposed to avoid #7 plastic, canned foods, plastic baby bottles and plastic cling wrap according to this toxic laundry list brought to you by Environment California. And if you haven't had yer fill yet, see Z Recommends for some actual healthy options in the sippy cup department. Whew, I'm exhausted, aren't you?

Then I'll leave you with a few fun places to do your post holiday shopping for some safe, natural and imaginative toys:
Oompa Toys
Nova Natural Toys and Crafts
Three Sisters Toys
Planet Happy Toys
Natural Pod

But I'm still not getting rid of my 1970's Fisher Price little people collection, I'll just have to stop myself from gnawing on them!

No comments: