Thursday, December 27, 2007

Finally







Winter break is upon us and that means Drawing II is behind me. Although the semester started out with "inconsistent" work, due to the unpredictability of family life (call weekends, late starts and early dismissals for Juj, separation issues at daycare with Maia, sick days, snow days and just plain exhaustion days where the last thing on earth I wanted to do was pick up a charcoal pencil and a kneaded eraser), the end of the semester picked up with a series of drawings of a subject and medium of our own choosing. I worked fairly steadily in my sketch book, drawing natural objects like branches, berries, roots and stems in conte, ink and graphite. The final project was a series of 30 drawings during which I became interested in drawing, hatching and washing with ink using brushes, quill and bamboo pens on watercolor paper. I was satisfied that I had learned a few things and was able to submerge myself in the final drawings in a way I hadn't been able to during the semester. Up next, Fibers in January and I can't wait!



















2 comments:

Wendy said...

beautiful illustrations. love nature...especially nesty nest nests.

Nancy Bea said...

Lovely sketches!