Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mai in Motion

In constant motion, despite no naps, this girl just keeps moving, dancing, running, chatting, playing and stopping occasionally for a quick snuggle or hug.  Sweet as pie, growing long and lean, loving her pink milk and walks around the block.  She looks forward to her weekly trips to the zoo with grandma and grandpa, still detests having her hair brushed (the birds in the nest are going to get mad if you brush it!) and tries to stay as close to undressed as possible. She loves her inherited and much added to collection of stuffed animals. She puts them to sleep in a laundry basket, lines them up on her pillow at night, moves them here and there, talking quietly to them. Dogs and kitties, bears and spider monkeys, penguins and bats. They float in boats, ride in buses, slide down stairs and huddle on beanbag chairs. And she picks one out for me to snuggle with at night when she finally relents and settles in for a few books, a couple of sips of water and finally, a long, sweet slumber. 


2 comments:

JSB said...

My Mai becomes more unstoppable. Why do we look so hard for Heaven, when it is right here all along, moment to moment, my to mai to mai mai....

Shana said...

And I told you to be patient
And I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind
My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my