Friday, November 27, 2009

Milkweed Project - crocheted creation


The Milkweed Project, organized by artist Shan Bryan -Hanson, is a collaborative fiber arts project using knitted and crocheted pieces to link people and the natural word together. People from all over the world have created pieces in response to the milkweed seed and pod forms and they will be exhibited in a giant milkweed pod. My piece along with many others is pictured here at the Sticks and Stitches website. There are some amazing knit and crocheted pieces in with a wide variety of shapes, textures and techniques. I personally tried to create a piece that had the elements of softness and lace like the the seeds and the sturdiness and solidity of the pod. I was so happy to have found this project to keep me connected to fibers during this heavy metal period! More rings and metals projects to come...

1 comment:

Christi said...

Oooo...I love your piece. And, the picture on Sticks and Stitches is beautiful, as well!